Thread: Pipe tutorials
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 5:23pm
Progression in progress

Location: please ask for where i live to send items thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGEDCHEVYS View Post
nothing wrong with making pipes Morgan there really isnt the stigma involved that there once was. When you have some of the biggest glassblowers in the world crossing over to not only boro but the pipe world Its a sign that times are changing. I am glad I make pipes and i openly tell people what I do. Mind you what happened in operation pipe dream was not only a while ago but also targeted larger distros and warehouses they didnt go after every pipe maker in their grage although alot of us thought they were. I would rather be involved in making history and converting this industry from something so dark and taboo to something generally acceptable by the main stream. When you start seeing spots on the tennis channel about traveling to vermont for the tennis and to Go see the Bern gallery and they openly show its a pipe shop you know things are evolving.

For those of you that havent seen Mr. Slingers movie Degenerate Art. Please find a way to do so at a local event or once it becomes available to the public. Right now he is doing showing at all the major events and I dont care who you are its a breath taking piece of art in its own right and only made me even more proud to be a part of this way of life and this culture.

As far as the Local bead snobs that are on this board that turn their nose up at Pipes and do everything they can to keep them off here. esp anyone that makes boro beads, YOU wouldnt have any of the boro color or 90% of the techs you "find inspiration from" if it wasnt for us pipe makers. pipes drive the boro world not beads not " art" PIPES so show a little respect and an open mind to those that paved a way for what you have twisted and now profit off of.
Id have to agree with that. Ive never actually never made a boro bead in my life.

I think i finally got a nice blow in and another pretty color looking one too