View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 10:06am

To me it looks as if the cracks come from the murini, as best I can tell from the pics. Not annealing beads of this complexity is probably not a good idea. Once you start adding and adding and adding, especially when the additions are not completely melted in, as in the murini, you are just setting yourself up for failure of the bead. It seems, thoiugh, that the murini is the problem glass and it does reflect incompatibility.

Just another thing to keep in mind, those beads cooled in the crock pot, etc., or any other way than with an annealing program in a kiln, have stress in them and more than likely will evenually crack. I made beads for five years before I even knew you had to have a kiln and I never annealed those beads. I put them in a large jar and each Jan. 1 I would take the jar down and remove those beads which had succombed to death by stress. Finally after 10 years there were no more beads in the jar. Stress does kill, and it can be slow or fast.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pam; 2010-01-02 at 10:10am.