View Single Post
Old 2007-08-16, 12:01pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Default The Typewriter Table

After seeing some of the gorgeous studios that many of you work out of, I decided to post photos of my less-than-perfect workspace and the work we're currently doing to upgrade my poor torcherous conditions. Also my cousin really wanted to see them.

I live in a barn.

It's a converted dairy barn. We live in the studio upstairs, and storage, laundry and my torch are downstairs. Downstairs is all concrete with funny walls, TALL ceilings and corridors that they used to run the cows through back in the day. The concrete is very convenient for me!

My studio is a...

Typewriter Table! that my dad got from Recycletown at the dump! I stole it. And it's smaller than it looks. See the stainless steel napkin holders? They're the only hot rod rests that would fit on the table! And the firebrick mandrel holder...That's history right there! My dad made it from a piece of his old glass furnace from way back in his glassblowing days. Man is it ever crumbly messy though.

Note the hood which is soon going to be refurbished and installed in my NEW studio...Don't flame me!!! The big fan is to the right of the pix and there's one in the back door too for now. Just temporary!

My glass storage is a...

Beer Box by Lost Coast Brewing Co.!

But very very soon... (they are pouring concrete TODAY!!!)

I will be moving to...the Cantina! AKA the 100+ year old Shop:

I will have to share it with a welding machine and lots of woodworking tools.

Outside the wall I claimed for my workspace.

Honey, Build my bench here and make it pretty!

We already have houseplants. And no, the roof doesn't leak.

Briathan and Momma Kitty can't wait for it to be finished!

Well, that's a stretch but I caught them in the act again and decided public humiliation was appropriate.

We have a long way to go and I'll post more pix as we do it.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.