View Single Post
Old 2007-10-26, 7:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Malcom should the template not have a fixed setting? I understand what you are saying--kind of. What should I ask for if I have Pappashop change it for me?
There's a school of thought in the web development world that emphasizes what is known as a 'fluid' design. This style of programming allows the web page to be fluid, to flow, and to adapt to the viewer's screen settings. A web site does not have to be fluid. It's just a design choice.

Web design is both a science and an art form. Good designers make it look simple, just as good glassblowers make it look simple. Pappashop is set up to make things simple and easy. But, that doesn't necessarily make it good design.

Quote:
Malcom, I added keywords. Did I do it right? Did it help things?
Yes, you did it right Now, at least the search engines have something to find when they search your site. I would also suggest that you have informative 'alt' tag descriptions for every picture on your web site. This gives the spiders even more food.

But, these are only first steps. There's a whole business to what's known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It is not an exact science, and the search engines are constantly changing their criteria all the time, usually without telling anyone. So, there is no one answer.

But, you're asking questions. You're making changes. Hopefully, you're seeing what works, and what doesn't. That's what matters.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978