View Single Post
Old 2007-10-28, 11:52pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Default An Update

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. I do feel pretty lucky to be able to live here. Although living in the heart of Wine Country I have never been wine tasting. I guess that's the Sonoma County that the tourists experience. Maybe next year I'll have a Gathering party and we can all go wine-tasting together. So plan on a couple extra days for your travel plans!-Oakland's not too far away!

I haven't updated lately because nothing was happening with the studio...I was basically waiting for the concrete to cure. It seemed like it took forever. So in the meantime I managed to sweet-talk my Dear Old Dad and my landlords into doing a permanent acid stain on the concrete. We finished the stain yesterday and Dear Old Dad is going to come by on Tuesday to seal the finish. It looks beautiful!

I took lots of photos to document the concrete stain process.

Before we started:

Sweeping up leaves with BB:

Christian cut down my houseplants

This is where the torches will go!

Starting the Stain

Halfway there!

Dear Old Dad doing a wash over the stain

My corner is the prettiest part of the shop! IMHO!

Waiting for it to dry

I need to get pictures now that it's dry, before we seal it. But that will have to be tomorrow!

Have a great evening!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by glasshouse; 2007-10-28 at 11:54pm. Reason: duplicate pix