View Single Post
Old 2007-10-29, 2:04pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Thanks you guys!

Joan- the stain is an acid stain. I think you can buy concrete stains at Lowe's or online. My dad layers several colors kind of splotchy before he mops them in, in one of the pictures he's using his sprayer. We used Padre Brown, Amber Green and Copper Patina I think. The blue wash over the top is a water based wood stain. We worked it in and wiped most of it off. It will be sealed with the lacquer finish. If you can do it yourself you save so much money. If we had been a regular customer, the job would have been between $3000-$4000 but my dad did it for materials cost, about $600.00 for a little over 600 square feet. It's a lot of fun too.

Cynthia! You're so sweet to make such nice lies to me. I'm glad you liked the etsy shop. Christian has been so mean and grumpy lately because he is the "breadwinner" and so I finally had to list beads to appease him. I'm not sure if I'm really ready for it though. Like I said in another post somewhere, now the beads are up...it's not MY fault if no one buys them, right? So hopefully that will make him happy. Maybe he'll be so happy he'll start the interior remodel on my studio and finish it in record time!!!

Breezy Bee- You better come visit me real soon! I guess it will have to be after the studio gets finished since one person can barely fit at the typewriter table... I know- we could take turns! I hope you're coming down for "Thanksgiving"- sssshh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.