View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 2:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
With all that being said, I also like the Nortel torches quite a bit. I got the opportunity to try the Red Rocket this weekend. Nice HOT torch! I think it's overkill for soft glass, but if you're mostly doing boro it would be awesome. I also like the Mid-range and the RedMax. The smaller torch on top is a feature that a lot of boro peeps like, if you get a premix top, you have a built in cutting flame without having to adjust your working flame below.
I really like the Nationals too. Both the Mid-Range Plus and the RedMax are great torches. Both come with the smaller torch on top. Usually, people get either the Minor (surface mix) *or* the pre-mix torch as the smaller torch on top. But, I have seen someone who mounted one of each on their RedMax! Talk about the best of all worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
Malcolm, I'm curious about the National with torch on top...Can they be added after the fact? Is the flame size similar to a Minor?
I'm sure that the Nationals can have the top torch added later. But, I'm not sure how to order just the top torch. I'm sure that there's a specific part number for it; I just don't know what it is.

And yes, the surface mix top torch is identical to the Minor Burner.

I've seen someone replace the Minor Burner on their RedMax with the new Mega Minor. Sweet !!!!

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978

Last edited by ArtcoInc; 2008-01-22 at 2:29pm.