View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 8:33pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
First off, you should feel comfortable selling anything made from a tutorial. Second, It looks like you could to be a bit choosier on your purchases. A good example is the free tutorial section full of information on non proprietary styles and techniques, that are also in the tutorials for purchase section. In some cases there are at least three tutorials for purchase covering a bead style that is also fully covered in the free section. Of course I have no idea what tutorials you've purchased but there is a ton of free information out there and really, there's nothing like discovering something all on your own too.
Actually, I've bought a few where I was already doing the technique on my own, but when someone else published a tut on it, I felt I had to buy it to continue selling items with that technique. Does that make sense? It's like all of the sudden I have to give credit to someone else for what I was already doing. Not such a big deal really, the tuts weren't that expensive. I guess the whole tut thing sometimes confuses me. This really applies to wirework and jewelry making, I've gotten tons of awesome info here on LE, I love the comradery here! And all the lampwork tuts I've purchases were awesome, even the one I never used, and true, I bought it when I was really new and didn't really know what I was doing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor and Oxy Con with AF3P Kiln