View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 10:06am
Queen Tut ;)

I see tutorials more like a class with that artist, rather than viewing it as a book. I'm paying to learn that technique, recipe, etc.. I look at what's advertised for the cost of the tutorial and judge in my mind if it's worth $5, $10, $25, + to learn that specific bead/technique. Some tutorials have been well worth their cost (more in some cases!), and I constantly will refer back to them, for ideas or inspiration. Others have really disappointed me, and I feel like I wasted money.

However, no matter if I feel like I've wasted money or not...I purchase tutorials knowing they are mine and I can't share them. Once I die? Eh, I'll be dead, so I don't care. Sell off my equipment and glass, the tutorials...well, the next person will have to buy their own. By then, I'll probably have hundreds of tutorials I've purchased. (I hope to live 60 more years lol) But like I said, I personally view them as like taking a mini-class with that artist. With the benefit of not having to travel, and having the notes written down for me, with pictures to boot!

I enjoy supporting other hard working artists in their endeavors to make a living in a society that pays celebrities millions to say a few lines and make me believe a story (don't get me wrong, I love movies and some tv). Perceived value.

That's just me though.

Jenne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.