View Single Post
Old 2007-01-28, 8:58pm

Hi Scott May please I ask some questions about lights and setup?

I scrolled the thread, and didn't see a tut or info post, If I missed it I apologize in advance. I used to do professional commercial photography, mostly large format film, of course, and most of it Architectural. The indoor advertising work was all done with Polaroids, then large format with huge klieg type synched lights.

So as you can see, while I know much about THAT sort of film photography, I am crippled when it comes to taking photos of my small beadlies in digital format. I have an 8 megapixel Canon Powershot Pro, and I am finally starting to learn to use it properly. Not that the pics are BAD, but I need lighting suggestions... and I mean what KIND of lights and setup. I am using reveal bulbs in regular lights, but let me show what happens when I do:

Heres a final shot of a single bead

And here is the original tiff before I edited it:

I am displeased because I am losing the impact of the colors when i am editing, and I THINK it's becaise of poor lighting. Any assistance is appreciated
THANKS SCOTT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:

Last edited by danelady; 2007-01-28 at 9:00pm.