View Single Post
Old 2017-07-08, 10:27pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sislonski View Post
I hear what you're saying and I understand that, not everyone is good at writing tutorials of taking photis. So to each his own. In this dnd if you know it's copied then that's your choice if you feel okay with that choice then so be it. It still doesn't make it right that it was copied. Personally if I didn't understand the tutorial I would clarify with the original writer as to how I can get better results, ask questions ask for.better photos, otherwise how are they to know there's an issue? But hey if you feel good supporting a thief, go for it, it's your choice.
I think that's extremely unfair. She wasn't supporting tutorial theft at all.
Fact of the matter: shards, pleating, implosions are all old technique. Very little is new. The "look" may be. I love your arrow. I love Naos fire opals. But it's manipulating the same technique into specific styles.

I think it's sucky trying to claim fire opals in any tutorial. I tweak when somebody teaches the baleen. But creasing a bit of silver glass before encasing isn't NEW.

I do understand that the end user may buy two written tutorials because one may be a copy cat but it's easier understood. It sucks but if all techniques are already invented, who really owns it? The one who can't teach it accurately, or the successful instructor?

Calling someone a thief for enjoying one thorough tut over an unclear tut is unfair.