View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 9:10am

Default Need temporary ventilation solution for an apartment

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and I created an account specifically to ask this question. I'm sorry if I'm repeating ventilation questions that others have asked. I have been reading a lot of threads, and ventilation seems extremely complex and variable depending on each person's room situation. So I thought I would get some advice from you guys.

I recently took a bead making class at the local glass factory. I enjoyed it a lot, and would like to set something up at my place. I ordered a HotHead beginners kit and some tools and glass. However, now I'm not sure how to solve my ventilation problem. I probably should have thought everything out before I ordered everything online :-p

I live in an apartment, so I have no outdoor space, no garage, no basement available. I was planning on setting up the HotHead torch in the second bedroom (currently a guest/office room). Its not a large space, about 12 ft x 11 ft, with one window, one door, and a ceiling fan.

My question is whether it would be ok to torch in that space if I opened both the window and door and had the ceiling fan on? I can also get another box fan or something to circulate room air.

Or is there some better ventilation system you recommend i purchase? I am planning on moving in 2-4 years, so I cannot have anything permanent. Also, I cannot make any new vents in the walls or anything like that. I could probably vent out the window if necessary.

I apologize if these are stupid questions. I'm pretty much a complete beginner, but I wanted to get started the right way. Thanks very much for your help!