View Single Post
Old 2015-04-22, 9:32pm
Phill

Belt and suspenders is my first thought.

Silver aluminum tape over screws as close as 3 inches apart around the circumference of the duct work connections.

I hung mine from the ceiling with long quarter inch thick wood eye hooks into the framing behind the drywall and then I used the screen door spring chains that have chains on either side of a spring in order to isolate some of the vibration from turning the walls into vibrating sound amplifiers.

If you have to you could rig 1 inch angle iron lengths inside the ducts and run series of eye bolts to the outside and hang the duct work from the bolts.

You could also cut up a length of hard duct work in to 6 to 10 inch pieces and fit them inside the ends of you flexible duct. Use metal tape and screws here and even tape the inside of the tube as well.

Predrill your holes half the diameter of the screws because the screw will open it as big as it needs and don't over tighten them.

You could also fashion cradles out of strips of metal duct work and hang the ducts from the cradles instead of the ducts themselves.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2015-04-22 at 9:40pm.