View Single Post
Old 2007-06-28, 7:10pm

I think that in your "background" photo that the eye is distracted from the bead. The way that Scott has cropped it, the background enhances the bead, in that it "suggests more", if that makes any sense. It kind of romanticizes it, or gets the imagination going, but with the cropping the eye is not bouncing all over the place looking for a place to rest (the focal point is the bead).

The white background is extremely washed out, but aside from that, I think it can work really well for some styles of beads that might not do so well with a suggestive background.

I think it entirely depends on the style of the bead, the idea or feeling you're trying to get across, and your target market.

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]