View Single Post
Old 2010-01-07, 10:40pm
Borovangelist

I don't make many beads because I always feel weird making just one, and I hate doing multiples of anything (usually).

But I also work boro instead of soft glass usually,"Higher temps, bigger torch, more danger!" Well, not necessarily that last part

I think you'd have to appeal to the primal end of things. Start with making a mandrel; cutting up the solid fire friendly steal rod with the giant bolt cutters, then smoothing it on the grinding wheel or angle grinder.

Pick out a fire pattern, make a nice fire themed bead or an evil eye of some sort (just a simple tungsten poke for beginners), play up that it's not pink and girly.

But for me when I actually make beads? I usually just make them out of colors I like and if someone wants to buy them, so much the better. But the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|