View Single Post
Old 2009-02-08, 1:41pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are my comments in another thread:

"I ordered several pounds of this glass on Friday, 01-30-09, and it was delivered to my door on Monday, 02-02-09. From the state of Washington to Virginia. I have never ordered glass from any vendor and had it delivered that quickly. There was some breakage of mostly one color. I also think that this was due to the irregular rods and the rubber bands being to tight.

I played with the glass today. I like it. As others have stated it is a bit stiffer. I thoroughly abused this glass and did not get it to burn, bubble or loose color. I love the brown. OMG, for those of you who are looking for a dark choc brown, this is it. The white works nicely as a core, it does not bleed up on the edges of the transp. The Burgundy is very dense and looked best as stringer or as a light encasing over the white. The semi-op Marine is a lovely color by itself. I tried it with Dk Ivory. I really abused these two because I like the look of Dk Ivory over heated. This did make the color of the Marine a greener color and a dark center line in the Dk Ivory. V.272 works its magic as a base with stringer of Brown or Semi Op Marine. The stringer has a metallic edge. I was able to get the metallic fumed look but no edge with the Burgundy. I do not see any incompatibility cracks so far. None of the beads made have broken. I will post pictures when I get a chance to take them. "

Here are the pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by WillfulOne; 2009-02-10 at 6:19am.