View Single Post
Old 2006-10-08, 10:58am
sunscreen me baby

OK, here are some pictures. The set and the close up of the set are the supernova worked in a heavy reduction flame from start to finish. I striped on clear encased dichros stringer. I suspect cooling the bead by pressing and then reheating to apply the stringer may have helped the color come out a bit. I had a test round bead that didn't have blues and greens.

The third picture is a close up (you can tell how close by the lint) of a button bead with clear dots on top. The clear didn't seem to do much but I wanted you to see how the heavy reduction and at least one round of cooling and reheating gives the glass an abolone look.

I think I am going to play with swirling the supenova into a clear base to see if I can get a bit of purple from the glass to play. And, maybe back off on the propane to see at which point you still get a reaction but not so much propane grey.

I would love to see other results!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.