View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 9:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
So far, I have had not one bead crack with this glass, unlike others I have tried. I agree that there are all different reasons glass cracks. Look at the silver glasses, there have been posts about issues with them. And the opaline glasses that we now know should not be encased. I think it's just a matter of finding what works well together just like all of the other glasses. I can't tell you how many beads I have lost by using Lausha clear which is "compatible"!
If you lost beads using Lauscha clear it was because you didn't anneal at their suggested annealing temperature or use a conservative program. There are posts all over this forum showing Lauscha clear mixed with all kinds of other 104 glass and when annealed properly it does not crack. The cracking problems seem to be a mostly American thing because of the way we anneal and the fact that most of us don't like to change out program once it's in the annealer. Me included.
I have even shown photos of Solid Silver Color cored beads encased with Lauscha clear that have survived well over a year.
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.