View Single Post
Old 2016-12-29, 9:33am
Corgi Cult Member

Default Glass recommendation?

I am making the table arrangements for my DD's wedding. I plan to make organic, somewhat plantlike shapes that will be arranged in groups. The prototypes were made from points pulled from 30mm x 2mm scalloped tubing. The point end narrow and the wide end worked into a trumpet ruffle shape, or closed and blown into a bubble. I would also like to use some flat rod to make foliage like pieces and round rod to make gather style pieces.

I was wondering if there are any other shapes or sizes of rod that would work particularly well? I've never used daisy or iris tube, or triangle or half round rod. Would these be useful or more useful than what I had planned? Also, is there a better scalloped tube size than 30x2? That's just what I had on hand. I will order a case of the most useful glass, but am not opposed to ordering a few rods of other glasses that would add interest.

Currently we haven't figured out how to attach everything to make them stand up, yet be secure on the tables. If I could get each 'neck' the same, we could use wood with holes drilled. I think the only way I could manage that would be to make the piece then melt on the neck by always using a piece of rod in a consistent diameter. Is there an easier way? I will need to be able to transport everything several states away, so planned to do final assemble once there.

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.