View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 6:00pm
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
The chicks are adorable! So glad the maybe sick one is doing better.
I'm in such a different climate, I don't know about the insulation. I bought a roll type but the trusses were spaced differently so DH just went & bought some rigid foam board & put that up for me, nailing it to the trusses so there is a 4-6"? gap between the insulation & the roof. But I'm not dealing with the cold you are. I haven't done anything to the walls yet.
But it sure looks good, really nice sized too!

PS I can't imagine using a circular saw that way but maybe that's just me. DH says you can use it, or a jig saw, or a router. Drill a hole so you have a place to start. He also said are you good with putting in the 2x4 frame for the window?
Have you called where you got the shed from, to mention that they didn't put the extra window in, and maybe they'll come out & do it?
Good point...I should measure the space between the studs. Home Depot definitely doesn't have the stone wool insulation, but I'm still hopeful that I will find some.

Yeah, I think the jigsaw will work find for cutting holes in walls. Home Depot has 24" x 24" windows for $71 (nice low E ones) but I don't have a clue how to install them. So no, I don't know how to install a 2 x 4 window frame. Maybe I'll look on youtube? I am a visual person and written instructions make me go cross-eyed, especially if I don't know all the terminology.

I really want to figure this out, though! I'm going to build a chicken coop too and it will also need windows.

I would also like to check out the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. It is a store where they sell leftover building materials. I might find windows there, or something I can use for the chicken coop.

BTW, I'm still kind of worried about Grendel (the Mille Fleur). She seems to stand around half-asleep a lot...she's so tiny, and the pasty butt was probably hard on her little body.

It's so cute...both of the Mille Fleurs like to tuck themselves under the bigger chicks, as if the bigger ones were their mother. I was afraid that the bigger ones would pick on them, but they've all been getting along fine so far.

-Patti

Oh yeah--S Bar S apologized for forgetting the 3rd window, but they didn't charge me for it at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-03-27 at 6:03pm.