View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 12:38pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Suzzanne,

if you are using boro tubing and working in clear only, you can also get a very skinny graphite rod,, like maybe 4-5mm ( I peel a copper coated welders electrode) sharpen the end, and make internal stars in an ornament.

You just heat a spot on the bubble and poke with the graphite quickly. Make sure you flame anneal very well , and dont let your pokes touch eachother on the inside. And if you have any of the gold that fires onto the glass( hanovia used to makle it) you can paint that into the internal spikes and fire it,, sell like hot cakes.

Your ornaments look great, but your sequence is different than mine. I make the hook before I finish the end, and I never let the ornament get cold before adding the hook. You may find that if you are working colors, or soft glass you will have a lot more that crack if you let the body of the ornament get cold before you add the hook.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."