View Single Post
Old 2010-03-12, 7:29am
Somewhat out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass2 View Post
Glasshobbit. I haven't as of yet purchased this yet just because I still had a nagging question. I feel foolish asking, but since I'm doing this on my own I need to know. I thought in line duct fans installed inside the ductwork. But I see you have the duct work going into the fan. Or is that just the casing that surrounds the fan? Sorry, new to all this and really wanting to understand. Thanks for helping! Oh and the guys at Home Depot were really impressed with your "hood". Is it a grain container for livestock? Pretty clever!
In line duct fan in this case means that the fan is in line with the duct work. Not inside line. The duct work attaches to the casing on both sides of the fan thus the fan is "in line". Does that make sense?

The hood idea came from some other posts of studios I've seen. This one is a tin type bucket I picked up at Fleet Farm type store. It is 22" diameter and I believe 11" high? Very light weight. Punched hole in the center and attached duct work to it. Not real heavy duty.