View Single Post
Old 2018-06-28, 6:41am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Thanks so much, all! I'm sure I'm going to have more questions as I get into this. I'm still at the "rod is okay-ish... but tubing is the devil stage. (I was told at class that I need to suck it up and burn through a full case of heavy wall tubing, and once I've wasted the $$$ and the time I'll have a reasonable handle on it - though mastery will take years.)

I just placed a huge frit order - it's this week's sale on Mountain Glass Arts, so I snapped a bunch up while it was 30% off. I think I'm going to hold off a little while on ordering color rod. In the process of a major studio clean up & reorg to make working 2 COE's a little easier I found that I've accumulated a collection of labeled shorts of various colors, gifted by Secret Santas. It would make sense to spend a couple of weeks working my systematically through those, and through the 20-30 loose rods I've picked up at Glass Stock East venues and Pittsburgh Glass Center. It makes more sense to postpone a big order until I know what I actually LIKE, and have a better feel for what I'll use. And maybe can catch a sale - this stuff is expensive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eregel; 2018-06-28 at 6:44am.