View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 1:35pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I've given this tip before, but thought it might go nicely with this thread:

You can make enameled silvered ivory stringer. You take a rod of light or dark ivory, heat the end to glowing, roll in silver foil and burnish it on really well. Burn off the silver and form a gather at the end of your rod. Roll the gather in any color enamel (but I almost always use green), carefully melt it in and then pull your stringer.

I use this for vines in my florals, which is why I almost always use green, but it works with lots of other colors too.

Don't forget to wear a respirator in addition to your ventilation when working with powdered glasses, enamels and frits.

~~Mary

Here it is both left partially raised on the cap and melted smooth on the stem of this mushroom. It is very organic looking because the colors shift, the silver breaks through, etc along the length of the stringer.

Mary.. these are GORGEOUS!

~Rachel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.