Thread: striking boro
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-15, 5:36am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post
What I would really like to see is a chart of temps to kiln strike various colours, and for how long. For example, I just found out the reason my DAP looks like poop is that I never got it close to the 1200 deg mark.
That's not why. My Amber/Purple colors never go over 1100 in the kiln.

What causes it is not keeping it hot enough when you are working it. If you let it get too cool, it will go into "phase separation". I don't exactly know what that is, but it's not good for the color. Work it hot and keep it hot. You want it mostly colorless when you are working on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.