View Single Post
Old 2009-02-26, 4:44pm

Olga--if you're trying to batch anneal Lauscha (which is REALLY hard to do)--you need to NOT mix it with ANYTHING else other than Lauscha. That's the ONLY way I've ever been able to do Lauscha "without putting it right in the kiln"--and then I have to work fairly small, NEVER PRESS (tubes are ok) & make sure I use plenty of "insurance heat" (good & glowing all evenly) before I cool it evenly to just barely solid before I stuff it in either a fiber blanket or vermiculite to cool. Then I don't touch it for overnight. I've had decent luck with batch annealing Lauscha that way--but only if I don't mix ANY other brands of 104 with it, no silver foil, no cz's, nothing!--nothing but Lauscha in the beads.

Other than that, I do the same thing for all my batched beads as far as "cooling" (insurance heat, just barely "stiff" on the skin & then into the warm crock pot & leave 'em overnight to cool--then off to Nikki for batch annealling)

I your bead with the dark marine in it--that's lovely!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies