View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 6:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemagic View Post
Mini, you now have made several rather lengthy posts completely off topic, the very thing you originally so rudely complained about. ???

And by the way, the only time some of us may get defensive is when someone becomes offensive.
You are mistaken. My last two posts in this thread are perfectly on topic and I was neither rude nor offensive.

Is it not pertinent to know the differences & the similarities of Devardi when compared to other glasses? Or can we only talk about how Devardi is different?

I'm saying that general lampworking techniques are not different when using Devardi. There may be some things (which I mentioned in a previous post) that could be different, but others that are exactly the same.

Is anyone here suggesting that dot placement, making petals, flowers, stripes, etc must be done differently when using Devardi than with CIM or Vetrofond, etc? Are we suggesting that each brand of glass requires it's own thread? I think that would be shame & cause lots of division in our community. Devardi people there; CIM people there; Lauscha people over there.

Also suggesting to a member of this forum to participate in other threads that are going on on LE & that this forum has loads & loads of information regarding the questions that s/he has is nothing out of the ordinary & I have said this in a perfectly pleasant manner.

I will agree however that it is perhaps fruitless to try to keep threads strictly on topic as, like real life conversations, they seem to have a life of their own.