View Single Post
Old 2008-04-12, 9:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hels View Post
I'm bumping this old thread because I'm trying to find a better solution than I currently have.

I have a pair of Auralens 250 AGW boro glasses. They are so dark, I can't see ANYTHING...so the results are, I end up peering over them IF I wear them (NO protection) in order to torch.

They are so oversized, if I move my head an inch, they fall off my face onto the floor anyway. The glasses themselves are a complete safety hazard because they don't fit. I can't strap them on the back, I have long hair, and a strap makes loose strands work loose and end up in the flame.

Due to the inability to fit glasses by looking at a website photo, I'm afraid to spend $200+ for another pair of glasses that will not fit either.

I've been working exclusively boro with NO eye protection essentially... because the boro rated glasses are useless.

All the explanations are completely confusing... protection is only useful if you are willing and able to use it. I am not willing or able to use my boro protection, because in doing so, I can't see what I'm working on, and they are so ill-fitting that they are a hazard in themselves to use.

What are others actually USING comfortably for working their boro please?
You can get welding lenses and other goodies made for you, prescription, at many eyeglass places

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!