View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 2:15am
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
If I purchased someones tutorial, I wouldn't resell it. If you don't need it or want it any longer, Destroy it. The only rights you have to it is to learn from it's content. I think, and this is just my opinion, you should ask permission from the author if you want to resell only your one copy before doing it. It's just common curtesy and respect and more than likely, the author would give you permission because you asked first.
I respectfully disagree. Destroying tutorials I've probably put hundreds of dollars into is not an option. What a waste of money. I might as well have just tossed all that money in the garbage can. I might as well then take the hard cover books I have with tutorials in them and toss them as well. Doesn't make one iota of sense to me.
If I'm getting out of lampworking totally I see no problem with selling off the tutorials.
If I'm terminally ill and dying I see no problem with selling off the tutorials.
If I die and my family is left with selling off all my lampworking equip, etc I've already told my husband sell off EVERYTHING including the 2 spiral notebooks of printed tuts as well as the cd's. I no longer print out the tuts because of cost.
I see no difference in pdf tutorials vs. books loaded with tutorials.
JMHO but I am one of those people that feels when I purchase something - spend my money on a product, which a tutorial is - IMHO - then I have the right to do with that product as I please. It is mine.

I realize I am most likely in the minority here and I understand that and that's fine. If we all felt the same, what a boring life it would be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dla; 2013-04-28 at 4:53am.