View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 7:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I respectfully disagree. Destroying tutorials I've probably put hundreds of dollars into is not an option. What a waste of money. I might as well have just tossed all that money in the garbage can. I might as well then take the hard cover books I have with tutorials in them and toss them as well. Doesn't make one iota of sense to me.
If I'm getting out of lampworking totally I see no problem with selling off the tutorials.
If I'm terminally ill and dying I see no problem with selling off the tutorials.
If I die and my family is left with selling off all my lampworking equip, etc I've already told my husband sell off EVERYTHING including the 2 spiral notebooks of printed tuts as well as the cd's. I no longer print out the tuts because of cost.
I see no difference in pdf tutorials vs. books loaded with tutorials.
JMHO but I am one of those people that feels when I purchase something - spend my money on a product, which a tutorial is - IMHO - then I have the right to do with that product as I please. It is mine.

I realize I am most likely in the minority here and I understand that and that's fine. If we all felt the same, what a boring life it would be.
Completely agree. And until the courts figure out if digital files fall under the First Sale Doctrine, we don't have much legal precedence to fall back on. The way I understand it, UNLESS the buyer agrees BEFORE purchase to a lease agreement, then the purchase is a sale and falls under the First Sale Doctrine. Which gives the buyer the rights to resell/give away/burn/shred their original copy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.