View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 3:26pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Well, thanks, I guess if people are actually reading this, I need to get my b*tt in gear and post the pictures of the rest of the work we've done on the Cantina. BTW when I say "we", I usually mean Christian my husband, Anderson our neighbor, Ben who works for Christian and Quincy (here on LE!) who's a recent addition to the crew. My job is to hold the camera. I did help my dad with staining the floors and I am going to do clean-up and painting. Christian did teach me to use a chop saw the other day though. It was fun!

We got really lucky with our landlords. They are actually paying for us to renovate. Christian has done work around the property for them prior to this project. It's been a lifesaver for us this past winter, when Christian's construction business has been slow he works on the Cantina and we wouldn't have been able to pay our bills without it. We are barely scraping by right now, but I think it will turn around and work out the way it's s'posed to.

Most of the materials are recycled from Christian's other jobs. We re-used the old rustic redwood siding. The windows are mostly recycled, some from my parents' house when Christian replaced their windows last year. Most of the sheetrock will be recycled, it's from the jewelry manufacturer I worked for that went out of business last year. They had to tear out the interior offices in the warehouse facility when they ended their lease. Christian did the tear out in exchange for the materials. They would have gone right in a dumpster otherwise. I think we are going to build a deck off the back of the Cantina when it's done and that will be made from all the little pieces of leftover Trex that Christian saves from his decking jobs. It might not be the prettiest but it will be green! (Not literally green though!)

Anyway, I better get back to Quickbooks (ugh!) and get our receipts for last year entered and reconciled for taxes. Then I will be able to resize and post photos of the work we've done since.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.