Thread: Un-Unobtainium?
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 5:45am
Intermembrane Time Travel

A good example of color variation is the crayola colors, look at a crayola red made in summer time vs winter. I could be full of it, but I am thinking general temp and other atmospheric conditions could play a role in this, but then again it could just be the chemistry (metals and so fourth) behind runs of various colors at any given time. I have not gone so far as to ensure a said shade was made in a certain time of year, and then checked the following year all while looking at the weather patterns of both to see if the year before was similar enough to make the comparison accurate (some years its colder, others warmer etc). In any case, sometimes it is almost kinda nice to have some slightly different shades of "the same" color. Makes building a pallet that much more dynamic.

I have been intending to go down to Tigard and check out NS (as I seem to pass within a few blocks on the bus all the time), only been over to Glass Alchemy a few times really and in all honesty should go dig through their odds again soon ;D

Last edited by caogomi; 2011-12-08 at 5:49am.