View Single Post
Old 2010-02-17, 11:39am
Lampworkaholic!

Default Does size matter?

Now that I have your attention ... here is my question.

Is there a size limit for Act of Courage beads? I have been making some honking big beads lately, and some I think would be appealing to a child, but I'm concerned about their size.

They are sound and colorful, but some of the color combinations are experimental (i.e., one of a kind).

In some I left out a step, such as reducing before encasing, quite a few I started and ran out of rod or forgot to pull the right stringer, so I finished and decorated them randomly (think abstract expressionism)

They are big, I'd estimate about two inches long and an inch wide (most are crunch pressed). Some are samller, maybe 1.5 inches long and .75 inches wide.

Any guidance would be appreciated. They will probably go to a senior center if they are too big for BOC.

Which leads me to wonder, what happens to donated beads that are not suitable for the BOC program?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox