View Single Post
Old 2017-02-10, 11:17am

My torch is a Scorpion, which I love
The attic has five gables, three have slatted vents in them to allow air to circulate. In addition, my eaves or soffits (I'm not sure what they are called) have air holes in them every two feet, the kind that are prepunched in the metal soffit siding stuff you put up there. The attic has three roof fans that come on in the hot temperatures to cool the attic by drawing outside air in. In the winter, there is wind 95% of the time coming off the Chesapeake Bay and hitting my house at an average speed of 15 - 35 mph. Occasionally we get a day of 5mph winds, but that is rare. There is no buffer between my house and the water, so the west side gets all the wind usually.

Having the makeup air ten feet from the exhaust would also pull the warm air from the room, should it be closer than that? Also, what can you do to limit the amount of temperature controlled air that leaves? Perhaps seal the entry door to the studio is all I can think of.

Thank you for the info on flexible duct resistance! There would be 30' distance from where the exhaust vent would go through the ceiling to reach a gable vent of its own. I think particulates would settle in the ductwork seeing it's such a long distance. What kinds of particulates and how dangerous and/or messy would that be? There only needs to be one part that is flexible and in fact that could be an elbow fitting or two 45 degree fittings to decrease resistance. I will not be moving the worktable.

Last edited by NakedDogStudio; 2017-02-10 at 11:29am.