View Single Post
Old 2006-03-22, 12:17pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Very nice tips here !

I am with Kimberly completely, shape outside the flame, the glass will not shape in the flame, it will just float around.

Second, cold glass moves towards hot glass, this is what helped me get nice even shaped beads without marvering.
Third : Let the glass do it's work, stop pulling and pushing your glass on the mandrell, it will not work, you'll end up with big wonky beads embellished with flecks of beadrelease.

Fourth: Keep your tools out of the flame, always use them outside the flame or else they will stick to your bead. After working on a bead with a tool heat it up ever so slightly to prevent thermal cracks
Also watch your glass, see what it does when overheated, cooled down, pressed and heated up again, feel the glass instead of stearing it.
Last but not least have fun, don't be scared if it does not turn out the way you intended too, the most beautifull beads I have ever seen happened by accident , or better said divine intervention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.