View Single Post
Old 2017-06-27, 8:22pm
Millionaire in Training

Kristin, thanks for that bit of information on where to get hoses and the adaptor. You were right about the regulator. I've heard of people using a special regulator with higher psi - I'm thinking up to 100 psi - I believe that was in another thread. I found the link https://propanewarehouse.com/product...le-regulators/

I already have a kiln and I use it to preheat Devardi rods. That is a must.

Lorraine, the only glass that devitrifies for me is Devardi. I've figured out how to work others, like EDP and purple rose (Z99). But with Devardi, it just devits if I keep heating and cooling it to shape it. I even use a marver to help shape it and push glass down, but it gets too hot. I'm probably impatient as well.

Thanks Phil, you are right about the shaping which I just mentioned. I just get frustrated watching the Devardi video of Natasha making a bead so fast. I used the same kind of flame and my glass did not flow like in the video! So, I don't know what they're doing. I've written to the Devardi people as well and they kept saying my flame was too hot. It's not too hot when the glass won't even move.

I know I've gotten it to flow before with the peach semi-opaque. Some colors work easier than others. The D7 Rose transparent is wonderful. Also, this color has a chemical reaction with silver foil and Val Cox Cherry Blossoms frit. The reaction brings about this purplish change - like a silver glass - and I've not been able to duplicate it using Moretti Rubino Oro. The Rubino just won't do it. If you look at the top two beads in my first photo at the beginning of the thread, you can see a bit of the purplish change. It's hard to describe. It's just really pretty.

On the left and right you can sort of see the bluish purple chemical change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by periwinkle; 2017-06-27 at 8:25pm.