View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 12:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJames View Post

As for the work you did with HGTV, well I don't think that is comparing apples to apples. I did watch the Carol Duvall show and I did refer to some of the "cheat sheets" that were on the web site. While I enjoy many of the segments, if I paid to purchase any of them individually as a DVD or if I paid $10 - $20 for any of the "cheat sheets" on the web site, I would not be a happy person. They just did not provide enough information. Not like the information provided by the tutorial writers I have purchased from here on LE.
----

I could not agree with you MORE! We spent much time sending in absolutely PERFECT directions with the goal being the viewer should be able to print them off the website and complete the project even if they never saw the show. It was a huge bone of contention with Carol, her producers AND THE VIEWERS that the info frequently got edited to smitherreens on the website. Our output was book quality... HGTV did not care and that is why, IMHO, they are the crap network they are today!

----

Quote:
I like lots of information. I like knowing about the author. I am more than satisfied with what I have purchased.
-----
I do too... it just doesn't need to be packaged in the product I take to the torch. The unnecessary bits can be left on the website. They are the sales features, not the meat and potatoes. But I think the formatting issues has been discussed quite a bit...

---

Quote:
Again Holly, you had some good things to say. You just could have found a better way to say it.
---

Again, I became a producer at the ripe old age of 29 because I'm direct. I've discovered that 90% of the people I encounter have no idea how to deal with someone who is direct. It's been an issue my whole life... but it is a personality trait and at 46, I'm not likely to change. I feel I constantly have to walk a line between saying what I think and babying it down to not offend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.