View Single Post
Old 2006-06-25, 11:47am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhhco
Will that occur with the 20# "BBQ tank" with a OPD and regulator?
Maybe that's what's causing some problems for folks with one-gas torches.
Bill
Yes, that can still occur on a BBQ tank with OPD and a regulator, but I think that having the regulator in-line probably cuts down on the occurance.

Willy did a show once where someone was running the Python (tank was about twice the size of a regular BBQ tank - 40#/10 gallon with an OPD and a regulator) and someone else (I won't mention his name ) said that he heard that you get more out of a propane tank if you turn it over on its side. Well, the next thing you know, the torch is shooting out a gigantic yellow flame. Willy looked over and saw that the propane tank was on its side and ran over and turned it back upright. Problem solved.

I have read a lot about people hanging their bulk propane lines for their HotHeads to get out all the gunk, but have never heard anyone do that for an oxy/propane torch set-up. I really think that a regulator plays a role in at least blocking some of the liquid stuff that gets sloshed up to the top of the tank when it is tipped/moved/whatever. Maybe it's a function of pressure, too.