View Single Post
Old 2016-03-18, 1:07pm
I'm meeeeelting

Here's the shell I made in class. I've been completely tubing and Boro challenged and I feel like I finally got a bit of a hang of both blowing the bubble and how to heat and pull. I'm super happy with how this came out and feeling more hopeful about trying to do other things with tubing.

On the soft glass side, I learned so much about pulling out sculptural appendages! I've never been able to do fins and tails and I'm getting it now (and, also, how to apply dichro without a ton of scum) - how, to heat and when to pull. I blew up the face of the fish I made in class, but made two last weekend. The first also cracked in the face (I'm taking too long to get the tails done), but I was able to pull it off and pull the face back out. The second was crack free until I dropped the prior fish on it on my kitchen counter and broke off a fin. LOL. I was happy with my tail and fins, though.

I need very specific instruction and I need to understand why I'm doing something a certain way in order for it to stick in my head and Deb gives great instruction on both, plus lots of drawings. The classes had great progression. We started with relatively simple projects in each class and then moved onto more complex ones that utilized the skills we had already learned. Each project in each class builds on the one before so that the last project (that may have seemed insurmountable at the beginning of the day), seems do-able by the time you get to it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artsyuno; 2016-03-19 at 1:10pm.