View Single Post
Old 2010-10-12, 1:46pm

Default Observation About Tutorials

I have many purchased tutorials, so please, don't get me wrong! I love learning that tiny little secret I couldn't figure out on my own. But, this past weekend, I printed all my tutorials, put them in page protectors and into binders. Then I figured costs on some of them. Tutorials that are running into $25 and up, are IMHO, just too pricey. I know, many of you will say that this is clearly what the market will bear, but really? The tutorial author has no overhead, no printing costs, and no binding costs. But by the time I figured all my costs involved, I could have purchased a well-photographed book, probably for less money-- that I would own outright, and be able to share, trade or re-sell, without criticism! I get frustrated because tutorials are basically the only teacher I have and I need to make my glass $$$ go as far as I can. I know I have the choice not to buy them, but I do need to grow as an artist, ya know! I'd love to open this discussion to everyone, but only if we can be kind in how we present opinions. Tell me what your take on this issue is...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com