View Single Post
Old 2010-10-12, 2:49pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

This is just my own humble opinion and experience but the tutorials I've purchased to me have been priced fairly because:

1. I have learned more about how to 'read' the glass.
2. I have gotten past the fear of experimentation.
3. In the process of practicing a technique (or techniques) I've gone off on my own tangent and made discoveries I would not have otherwise.

I have to say not once have I made anything that looked remotely like the bead in the tutorial . I don't think that's a bad thing. I've learned so much and grown into my own glass 'voice' a bit more.

YMMV. I love to read and research so tutorials are my cup of tea and unlike books they are not limited but are becoming so prolific and varied that I have a variety to choose from instead of being locked into that one book of techniques that everyone else has too. It offers the opportunity to direct my own glass education, I guess you could say.

I am selective. I don't buy every tutorial that comes along because they don't all appeal to my particular style and that is how I control the expense end of it. I ask myself if this will really benefit my particular learning experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.