View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 10:55am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
I'll be interested to see how your exploration goes. I bet you can beat most people on speed, patience, consistency, etc., and those things can definitely benefit your art. Maybe just start throwing an hour of exploration in and base your production off of the successful ones?
That's why I want to be free to make whatever comes to mind! I would love to be able to take an hour every other torching session or so to practice encasing or florals, something I never learned well. I'm very curious about where this freedom is going to take me. I have been talking about it for years. Well, about as long as beadmaking has been my day/night job.

Sort of like when my dad was in the advertising business in Chicago working for Leo Burnett and he did what they told him to do, and 10-12 hours days of that. He never had time to create what he wanted until he left that job, got married, and moved to the Florida Keys. But of course, after having kids he went back to the maddening production work to keep the bills paid. All these years later I understand why! hehe