View Single Post
Old 2021-02-14, 11:36am

Guys, this is getting more and more frustrating! I have finally figured out with your replies here and researching old threads on these torches that the Scorpion needs 3 5lpm concentrators or 1 10 & 1 5lpm and the Sidewinder needs and additional 10lpm machine on top of that if I wanted to go with a bigger torch.

I have an issue where my studio is a shed with wall outlets but it is powered by a 15 amp heavy duty contractor grade extention cord and it is not hard wired to the house. I have a separate 15 amp cord for the kiln running to a totally different 20 amp circuit breaker outlet in my kitchen. The separate art studio shed circuit breaker outlet would run the ventilation (1.5amps) and LED lighting(.5 amps) the refrigerator inside the house (3-5amps?) and any oxygen concentrator I would be running and this is on 1 20 amp breaker. I also read not to run concentrators on an extension cord and if you do only 1 machine regardless of the amperage? So it looks like I won’t be able to safely run 3 5lpm machines or 1 10lpm & 1 5lpm safely and certainly not another 10 lpm for the Sidewinder.

Looks like safety wise I can only run 1 10 lpm machine because of the electricity, let me know your thoughts. So now I am considering the Sidewinder with a 10 lpm on the Lynx centerfire and a 125 cu ft tank on the outer flame. I am unable to find any available 10lpm concentrators with Covid so that is another issue, let me know if anyone is looking to sell one or has advice. Also my Airgas is out of owner cylinder K tanks and they charge $73 so I’m looking at a 125 cu. ft. tanks for the outer fire due to availability and ease of transporting/cheaper cost. How long do you guys think a 125 will last roughly if I run the center fire 100% on a concentrator and only use the tank on the outer?

No issues with the gas as in the past I have always just used a Bbq propane tank and set it outside of the studio far from the torch when working and setting it inside the shed turned off with a window cracked when not in use. I would plan on doing the same thing here. There is no pilot lights or appliances in the shed and the weather never gets that hot here on the coast.

P.S. This is a rental property so updating the electric isn’t possible and the whole house has a sketchy 4 20 amp breaker box from the 60s.

Last edited by earthtones; 2021-02-14 at 12:53pm.