View Single Post
Old 2009-02-26, 7:59pm
Mary Lockwood

And you know what else, I'm getting kinda touchy about people thinking tutorial authors want to control this reselling of tutorials just to protect their bottom line.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the money because frankly, if someone goes out and buys a discounted, passed-along pdf file, they were never going to purchase the full priced tutorial directly from me to begin with. I don't consider this a lost sale, I consider it one other person who got the jellyfish tutorial who might not have gotten it otherwise. As someone else mentioned, perhaps they will enjoy it enough to give my next one a chance at full price. If it was about the freakin' money I wouldn't recommend people purchase the book so they can resell it. I lose money TWICE that way. LOL

No...the reason I personally care about this issue is because that jellyfish tutorial's conception is MINE. I made that. I labored over it. I created it and worked really hard on it and it kinda stings to think people just want to toss it around willy nilly.

Nobody likes to feel like yesterday's newspaper. That is the only dumpling I have in this pot. I've already said numerous times that I don't have a problem with you selling the tutorials. But please don't take my participation in the threads that talk about the legal aspects of this issue as a manic bid to protect my sales. It's not. I'm trying to understand this just like everybody else and it is getting increasingly difficult.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.