View Single Post
Old 2021-02-03, 2:15pm
Slogan Challenged...

I'm working on a tiny backup kiln right now while I wait for parts for the big one. So I sort of feel like that too right now. LOL

Well, your head is waaaay ahead of your hands.....try taking it slower and just do some spacers or small rounds. Practice in the heat. Practice using rollers. It's a lot to watch at once when you are out of practice or new. I still burn through mandrels when I'm tired. And I torch almost daily and have done for many years so don't worry that much about that.
I would read through the FB tips and techniques group, also FB newbie and lampwork challenges? and there is also one for silver glass. Lots of good tips there about current glass, archives here for everything else.
And just cruise around online and watch you tube videos or read tutorials. Try one. You will grow by leaps and bounds once you get the basics down again. I remember when i started, and for a little while before that....all my waking hours were beads, beads, beads. Come to think of it, it's still sort of like that. So have a hobby on standby like knitting or puzzles. It can be overwhelming!

I still want to see closeups of your avatar bead or other beads? I am not familiar with your work but that looks so interesting.
Hugs. One thing at a time!

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Last edited by KJohn; 2021-02-03 at 2:18pm.