View Single Post
Old 2013-12-28, 6:39pm
I ate a big red candle!

Default Bead Photograph Critique

Which background do you prefer? Black, Grey or white?

2056 by HeatherBehrendt, on Flickr

2056test by HeatherBehrendt, on Flickr

2056test2 by HeatherBehrendt, on Flickr

I don't like how sterile the white looks. The grey has a warm sepia look that isn't there in real life and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I like the black, but I don't think the shadows are flattering.

I'm using a canon dslr and a popup white fabric lightbox with three daylight bulbs from home depot. I have the light adjustment on the camera set for tungsten and that helps make them look less yellow, but it still has a warm look that I don't think should be there.

I tried using the manual white balance and took a picture of a white piece of paper, but it made everything look too blue to me.

Thoughts and suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fledgling etsy shop