Thread: Implosion beads
View Single Post
Old 2019-11-12, 4:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegem
Re: Implosion beads
do my essay

Glass Obsessions (Yorba Linda, CA) has a wonderful teacher who teaches soft glass implosion pendants!

https://www.ocregister.com/2007/10/1...into-business/
Phyllis L’Hommedieu planned to be a computer scientist.

But her interest shifted when she took a stained glass class at Cal State Fullerton.

Unfortunately, she had to drop the class after one of her son’s suffered an accident and needed special care. Ten years ago she took an online glass class and began attending a conference in Las Vegas.

“I just thought it was really fascinating; I was hooked,” said L’Hommedieu about learning to make art pieces out of melting glass. “I started playing with glass, melting it and I never looked back.”

L’Hommedieu, of Placentia, and her son, Kevin Bellwood, co-partnered to open Glass Obsessions three years ago in Yorba Linda.

At Glass Obsessions customers can buy gifts from the artists’ gallery, take a class to learn how to make glass pieces or buy supplies to make their own if they already know how to work with glass.

Glass Obsessions offers a variety of glasses such as frit, sheet, diachronic, color bars, stringer and rod glass.

Hi Patti,

Are they still having this business in Yorba Linda? I have contacted Kevin Bellwood, but have not recieved any reply so far. I know that Kevin launched this business with his mother, but their webiste is currently not working. Any updates? Perhaps, they have been closed or something. Thanks.