View Single Post
Old 2009-05-10, 4:17pm
She better not sell these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aretz View Post
Yes, that's how I learned to do it. I think we only used three foot lengths at a time. To get enough for a bracelet, I had to use three or four separate pieces, but tucking in all those ends was a lot easier than trying to manage one long piece of wire and keep the kinks out of it.

I was trying to post instructions on how to do it, but just typing it out isn't going to work; I tried. It's one of those things you really have to have someone show you how to do.
The basic idea is to just add a new wire by sticking it into where the old short wire is sticking out, leave an inch or so for a tail, and keep knitting. When the chain is long enough, you give them a pull to make sure they're taut, clip all the tails off to about one-eighth of an inch and use fine needle nose pliers to curl the end under and around the wire underneath, making sure you tuck it in securely and that it hooks all the way around the wire. It's not that easy because it's hard to see inside the chain and hard to tuck the wire in there while wrapping it around, but it becomes almost invisible. You also have to tuck the wires toward the end that isn't going to be pulled through the draw plate first, so there's little chance of it snagging on the draw plate and pulling out.
Actually, you explained it quite well! If I understand, very similar to the transition from your starting wire to working wire, except you need to tuck and hook the old wire.

Thank you so very much! I am kind of embarassed that I didn't figure it out myself, I guess it is one of those things that don't seem obvious until somebody tells you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".