View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 9:28am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by divelement View Post
I just called. Seems like they are taking pre orders before building them. They expect to ship September but probably October. Guess it was smart so they could judge demand, but I really wish they had made a large quantity of stock for the release.
They are putting people on the waiting list for the Scorpions. They are not building the torches based on demand.

The run was already planned out and the parts have already been made. The next step is to assemble them, but that has to be fit in with the production of other torches, as well.

The Gathering is the one show each year where there is an Open Torch event. This is where people can take torches for test drives. GTT wanted to have some Scorpions available there for people to look at and actually use. That way, whenever the production run is ready, people can buy knowing what the torch can do, either based on their experience or the experience of someone they know who has run it, and NOT based soley on what GTT says the torch can do.

The Gathering is kind of like an auto show. The manufacturers can show their latest inventions and innovations, but it might be a little while before they hit the street.

The parts for the Scorpion were ready before the Gathering, but GTT had to race to get six of them built for the Gathering. I received a prototype to test out just a couple of days before I had to leave for the show. The six torches that were to be on the GTT table were ready after we left for Miami and they had to be shipped to the hotel for the show. They did this because they did not want to miss the opportunity to let people see them in person and run them at Open Torch.

Even if they had missed the show and no one knew about them, the Scorpions would have been made just as planned.