View Single Post
Old 2010-06-24, 12:33pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default Group Project

Hey Everybody,

Some people on the Thread "Newbies, Intermediates & Not Ready For Prime Time" are planning to take up acollection of beads and send them as a group to the program for seriously ill children called Beads of Courage.

It's a program that collects beads and the kids get to choose and make a string of them as they go through all their treatments. Here is a note from a fellow who makes special requests for the program - like when a child wants a frog or something:

"I have sent several special request (beads in). I know I went through a lot with my brain surgery in April, but I just can't imagine going through what these kids go through at such a young age.

I'm all for us making some things as a group to send to Beads of Courage (BOC). Maybe we could see if there is anything special we all could do/make up. I made a piggie for a kid named Dylan as a special request. I sent it in and he got it, I got the thank yous and then a week later, he passed away. I really cried. Then his parents sent a letter thanking everyone and saying how much they meant to him, and that they had all of them in a jar as a reminder of him. It's really heart wrenching, yet so rewarding at the same time. Sorry to ramble, but I really like the program."

SO are any of you interested in contributing some beads? Here's the link to their website and you can see that they take any type of bead that isn't a danger to little fingers, and doesn't have a coating that can wear off.

PM me if you would like to send me some beads to mail in with the group!

http://www.beadsofcourage.org/

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2010-06-24 at 6:19pm.